UNICEF VIDEOS FOR SMALL CHILDREN
MEENA VIDEOS- A TREASURE… GREAT RESOURCES FOR INTEGRATION WITH SUBJECTS / SHOWN DURING FILM SHOWS
I SCHOOL AND EDUCATION
- Meena, focuses on the need for a friendly classroom environment to ensure proper learning. It also highlights the importance of practical learning methods. Meena helps her teacher create a fun classroom through knowledge she had gathered from her many experiences.
II HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Meena, focuses on the importance of proper hygiene. It teaches that people must use latrines, and wash their hands with safe, clean water and soap or ashes after using latrines and before touching food if they wish to stay healthy
- Meena, focuses on pneumonia. The film highlights the symptoms of pneumonia and teaches how pneumonia can be prevented. It advocates consultation with professional health workers if someone is ill with pneumonia and discourages treatment from untrained village
III SAFETY AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- Meena and ways to protect oneself in the event of a flood Meena, focuses on what to do in the event of a flood. This video illustrates the importance of maintaining unity and helping each other during times of flood.
- Meena, focuses on earthquake. This animation film tells the story of children who lost everything to earthquakes. This story was developed with the real life experience of children who survived the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami disaster.
- This agonizing story of these deprived children makes us more informed about earthquakes.
- Meena, exposes the risk of accident and injury to children who are not properly supervised. Accidents can happen at any time and anywhere, but safety is the right of every child, so we must all be vigilant when responsible for the safety of young children.
IV SOCIAL SENSITISATION AND GENDER POSITIVITY
- Exclusion of a family with AIDS
- Meena Says No to Dowry
- Meena, focuses on the inferior status of girl children in South Asia. It refutes the all too prevalent belief that girls do not need health care. Many girls die or are permanently incapacitated because their parents fail to seek proper health care for them. This video emphasizes the importance of providing health care to both girls and boys.
- Meena deals with eve-teasing – WHO IS AFRAID OF THE BULLY _
- The girls came back- Social Awareness about children being enticed by anti-social elements for child trafficking and child labour
- Will Meena leave School ? Meena finds a way to increase the family’s income
- IT’S GOT TO BE A BOY Meena teaches her uncle to welcome the birth of girls and boys equally
- TOO YOUNG TO MARRY Meena, focuses on the issue of early marriage. It teaches that the legal age of marriage for women is 18 and emphasizes the importance of education for girls. Early marriage can have an adverse effect on a girl’s physical and mental health, and many child brides die due to pregnancy-related complications.
- Meena, focuses on the issue of child labour. The story begins when a turn of fate takes Meena and her family to the city from their rural home. In the city, Meena lives as a domestic worker in a house and is exposed to the misery faced by urban working children. The video emphasizes the importance of providing all working children with dignity, good working conditions and access to education. Part I
- Meena, focuses on the issue of child labour. The story begins when a turn of fate takes Meena and her family to the city from their rural home. In the city, Meena lives as a domestic worker in a house and is exposed to the misery faced by urban working children. The video emphasizes the importance of providing all working children with dignity, good working conditions and access to education. Child labour Part II
- Raju finds out what it is to be like Meena for a day ( Towards Gender positivity)